Friday, July 1, 2011

You Taught Me

I wanted a mansion once... that is until I met you, Now the only place I want to live is inside your heart.
I once desired diamonds... until I met you, Now the only sparkle I need comes from within.
I used to crave the finest clothing... until I met you, Now I want not a single thread to separate our bodies.
I once coveted a fancy car... until I met you, Now I want nothing that would put miles between us.
I once prayed for money... until I met you, Now I want none of the things money can buy.
I once yearned for a sense of security... until I met you, Now my only security comes is knowing you are near.
I once dreamt of a prestigious job... until I met you, Now I find my success in knowing that you are happy.
I once asked for the world on a silver platter... until I met you, Now you are my world and I want for nothing but your touch.
Loving you has been my teacher; you taught me not to want.
Being with you has been my discovery; you are all that I need.
Finding you has been my salvation, I now understand grateful.
But perhaps of most importantly... Your love in return has been my everything.
- Teresa Weimer -

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellows